Go for, A) "Staying Power," or fullness, from fiber and protein and B) Satisfaction that comes from fat (unsaturated fats), sugar and salt (keep these as low as your taste allows).
What I'm snacking on now -
- Thanks to the Nutrition Collective at KIND https://www.kindsnacks.com/protein for sending new protein-packed bars. There were 4 flavors, but my 2 teenagers swiftly nabbed the Crunchy Peanut Butter flavor (ok, I took one too and it is delicious) before I could snap a photo. KIND bars are full of heart healthy nuts and they are especially satisfying if you need a sweet fix, ~8 grams of sugar per bar (that's good for a store-bought bar y'all)
- Nuts, I prefer roasted & unsalted. A great source of good fat, fiber & protein. See post titled
- 1/2 ripe avocado with a handful of whole grain chips or crackers Eat the avocado right out of its shell, it's an excellent source of good fat, fiber and potassium
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt with some berries, granola and/or nuts (add 1 tsp agave syrup for sweeter flavor)
- Check out my Pinterest "Snack Attack" board for more ideas and links (if you try something homemade and like it let me know! It takes a village people, spread the good news!): http://www.pinterest.com/jshrodes/snack-attack/