Translate

Friday, August 19, 2011

Eggs and Brioche Toast

Sometimes the best things are the simplest.  Last night my stomach was not happy with me, for whatever reason.  As the family ate spaghetti tacos (those of you familiar with iCarly on Nickelodeon know what I mean and those of you unfamiliar with this tv show can figure out what I mean) with steamed broccoli, I prepared one of my "easy on the tummy" dinners, scrambled eggs and toast.

I had just enough brioche loaf leftover from making stuffed french toast (from The Joy of Cooking cookbook) on Sunday to make 2 crusty, buttery pieces of toast.  And I coupled this with fluffy scrambled eggs: 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites.  I always start my eggs on medium heat and turn them down to medium-low to finish them slowly - makes for a creamy, light texture.  Real salted butter on my toast and I had a fantastic, easy on the tummy supper.

There is just the heal of the brioche loaf left, if I don't eat it for breakfast, I will make croutons with it for a one man salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment