Translate

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Chicken pot pie-in the crock pot

SO delicious is Real Simple's Creamy Chicken pot Pie (Feb 2012, pg142)! The house smells terrific, it's was quick to put together and the nutrition is well-balanced.

My modifications- more carrots, some finely chopped celery, sautéed mushrooms added at the end instead of raw at the beginning, used a mix of peas & corn instead of only peas, used less salt.

What I would do different? Use fresh green beans added at the start, or omit them and next time I'll try half and half instead of heavy cream.

Lastly, I was out of puff pastry from Trader Joe and Whole Foods wanted $10.99 for a small package (I'm sure it would have been delicious...), so I used pie crust ($3.99) and cut out large rounds.

Please try this!

No comments:

Post a Comment