Translate

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cool Weather Banana Bread

Banana Bread | Real Simple Recipes


The first cool day of Autumn makes me want to fire up the oven.  Today it's banana bread.  Those summer bananas that got too ripe too quickly and found a temporary space in my freezer are begging to be baked.

There aren't too many banana bread recipes I don't like, but my favorites include some kind of whole grain flour - 100% whole wheat pastry flour is nice - some butter (a unsalted butter/monounsat. oil blend), whole eggs, some brown sugar (depth of flavor!) and the needed vanilla, baking soda, powder and salt.

One of my favortie food web sites is www.foodily.com, where I found today's banana bread recipe at Real Simple, another favorite web site and magazine.

Hopefully tomorrow will be cool again...I have a zucchini that wants to be bread with some chocolate chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment